Monday, March 05, 2012

Rick Hendrick says Chad Knaus should not have been suspended

Per SportingNews, Team owner Rick Hendrick says crew chief Chad Knaus shouldn’t have been suspended for six weeks and driver Jimmie Johnson shouldn’t have been docked 25 points for what NASCAR says were illegal C-posts on Johnson’s Daytona 500 car.

Hendrick said he believes NASCAR templates should have been placed on the car prior to NASCAR confiscating them during opening day inspection Feb. 17 at Daytona International Speedway.

“I just don’t agree with them,” Hendrick said Sunday prior to the Sprint Cup race at Phoenix International Raceway. “I just don’t agree. That’s why I’m appealing. I don’t agree with the whole thing. I don’t agree with any of it.”


SEE ALSO:
NASCAR suspends Jimmie Johnson's Crew and Car Chief 
Hendrick Motorsports Statement Regarding Suspensions