Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Terry Labonte 'Surprised' About NASCAR Hall of Fame Nomination

In his first year of eligibility, Two-time Cup champion Terry Labonte was one of 20 racing greats nominated Saturday at Daytona for the NASCAR Hall of Fame's 2015 class. Just hours before competing in his final Daytona 500, Labonte was humble the 22-person nominating committee placed his name on the list. "It kind of surprised me", said Labonte.


"I didn't really think about it but that's exciting to be named with those other guys that were named. That's pretty cool." As far as his chances of being one of the five inductees during the May 21st announcement, Labonte said, "I don't know. I can think of a lot of people I think that are more deserving than me to be in the Hall of Fame and there's been so many people that have been in the sport for so many years that accomplished so many things back in the early days whether it was drivers or crew members or team owners. It's an honor to be mentioned in that category with those people but there's a lot of people I think that really made our sport great."

Via -PRN's Garagepass

0 comments:

Post a Comment