Thursday, April 16, 2015

Kyle Busch Speaks to Media for First Time Since Crash

Kyle Busch walked, gingerly, to a director's chair Wednesday afternoon in making his first media appearance since his severe crash nearly two months ago at Daytona International Raceway, a step slower than he used to be, but counting himself fortunate to be walking at all.

"I'm thankful that it wasn't worse than what it was," Busch said more than once during his 55-minute session, grateful to be in improving health.

Busch, speaking at the headquarters of his Joe Gibbs Racing team, held his first news conference since suffering multiple leg fractures in a crash Feb. 21 at Daytona International Speedway in the season-opening race for the NASCAR XFINITY Series. Despite his frustration at being out of action and lacking a firm timetable for a return to the seat of his No. 18 Toyota, Busch was in lifted spirits as he continues to make strides in his rehabilitation.

"First and foremost, I've got to please my doctors, and they say my recovery is going faster than they expected," Busch said. "They won't release me a timetable. It's week by week and what I can show them I can do." (NASCAR.com)


0 comments:

Post a Comment