Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nationwide: Travis Pastrana Daytona Preview

Travis Pastrana – Daytona Advance
Team: No. 60 Ford Mustang
Crew Chief: Chad Norris
Chassis: RK-690 New Chassis

ADVANCE NOTES

· Pastrana at Daytona

o While Travis Pastrana makes his first NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start this weekend at Daytona International Speedway (DIS), the driver of the No. 60 Ford Mustang is no stranger to the high banks of Daytona. Pastrana’s first win in the Pro Ranks came at DIS in the AMA Supercross Series 125 East Class. He also participated in the 2012 Rolex 24 at Daytona, finishing 35th.

· Pastrana/Norris Team up in 2013

o Pastrana will team up with veteran NASCAR Crew Chief, Chad Norris for the 2013 season.

o Norris served as crew chief for fellow Roush Fenway Racing (RFR) driver Carl Edwards for part of the 2012 Sprint Cup season. In 2011 Norris led the No. 16 NNS team to Victory Lane at Texas Motor Speedway, with RFR driver Trevor Bayne behind the wheel.

· The Car

o Pastrana makes his NNS Daytona debut with chassis RK-690, which is a new chassis.

· New Year, New Look

o The No. 60 Ford Mustang hits the track this season featuring a new look. Action sports star, Pastrana brings some of his originality and flair to NASCAR, sporting a Mustang in various neon hues.

QUOTE WORTHY

Pastrana On:

· His expectations for 2013:

“The NASCAR Nationwide Series is the most competitive series I’ve had the opportunity to be a part of. This year I’m going in with open expectations. My goals this season are to do the best I can every race and to learn every race. I want to do well, I feel like I’m good enough to race with these guys. Winning is a lot more fun than losing and we’ve got to figure out a way to get there.”

· Preparing for NASCAR:

“I didn’t realize how physical NASCAR was. This is the most action for the longest duration I’ve ever experienced. I’ve lost 20 pounds in the last two months. I want to be strong mentally and physically.”